Expand, Nurture, Improve, Expand
Your “yoga practise/ breath”, Handstands and Backbends. Also explore the creativity and connection of AcroYoga. See how the breath makes so much accessible, rejuvenates and creates relaxed enjoyment in any challenge.
We are hosted by the world famous ‘Shambala Gatherings’ retreat centre, quietly situated in a Swedish forest surrounded by tranquil lakes. Shambala is particularly renowned for the community feel that is created when ‘strangers quickly become friends’, for the wholesome vegan food made from local and mostly homegrown organic ingredients, and its beautiful location in Nordic nature . Other features of the centre include the availability of a variety of massage treatments and the use of their sauna.
Co-run by Anastasis Tzanis and Catie Foroughi
- Advance your yoga practice, with a handstand, arm balance and back-bend focus
- Explore AcroYoga, structured for newcomers and intermediate students
- Experience the transformations in breathwork/ play
- Immersion into the beauty of lush Nordic nature
- Get nourished with local organic vegan cuisine
Our focus is to support you, create space for you to relax, and connect to yourself/ nature/ everyone present. There shall be at least two sessions a day, meals provided and ample time to rejuvenate and explore our beautiful location.
Our retreat centre this year, Shamabala Gatherings, is great place to rejuvenate your spirit by exploring the surrounding beautiful lush forest and lakes, enjoying the evening sauna, dipping in a tranquil lake and trying some of the in house bodywork therapies: Massage, Craniosacral Therapy, Full Body Oil Massage and Meditation Floating Tank.
All sessions are suitable for beginners to intermediate, to advanced/ embodied/professional practitioners
MORE ABOUT THE YOGA
AcroYoga elevates the connection between you and others through movement, connection, and play. Acro in Greek means high, or elevated. Yoga in Sanskrit commonly translates to notions of union, or joining. The experience of taking flight with AcroYoga instantly dissolves fears and invites practitioners to tap into new and infinite possibilities of communication, trust, and union. By combining acrobatics, yoga, and healing arts, the practice of AcroYoga has built a community of active teachers and practitioners all over the world.
It blends three main elements:
- Solar Acrobatic Practices, that cultivate trust, empowerment and joy
- Lunar Therapeutic Practices, that cultivate listening, compassion and letting go
- Yogic Practices that cultivate breath awareness, life balance and connection
Restorative or dynamic Partner Yoga flows connected with one or more friends. Helps you stretch deeper than you usually would, build strength in supportive way and cultivates the ability of listening, communication skills and interpersonal connection.
Thai Yoga Massage originates from Buddhist tradition and has elements of Vipassana (meditation of insight), Metta (loving kindness), Yoga & Thai Chi.
It is the application of rhythmic pressure on points & energy lines in the body, yogic stretching of muscles & joint manipulation.
(*subject to changes)
*8am Morning Session
*10am Silent Breakfast buffet
*11am Freetime (our favourite activities are journaling, hiking, dipping in the lake, receiving massage session, AcroYoga jamming time or just sit and watch the stillness of the lakes)
*1pm Succulent vegan lunch buffet
*3pm Afternoon breaks: time to take a hike in the forest, rest or take one of our treatments
*5pm – Afternoon Session
*7pm – Delicious vegan evening meal
*8pm – Sauna, Kirtan, or Freetime
Check in on the 5th at 4 pm
Check out on the 11th at 3 pm
meet the team
MORE at Shambala
“Set by a magical beautiful lake, this charming ”get away” offers heart-felt and nurturing workshops, courses and retreats by very competent teachers, and is hosted by such beautiful souls – who make sure to create a cozy solidarity, and treat you with healthy food cooked with love.”
How to get here
Located just two hours away from Stockholm in Skinnskatteberg, Sweden, the area is easily accessible by air, train and car, making a great option for a short break wildlife destination.
- Coming by air: The nearest airport to Shambala is Stockholm Vasteras. The second nearest airport is Arlanda airport, the main airport in Sweden. You can easily take a train all the way to Skinnskatteberg from both of them.
- Coming by train / bus: We are fortunate to have a train / bus station at Skinnskatteberg only 5 minutes ride from the center. We offer free pick up services from this station in summer.
- Coming by car: Simply open this Google map on your navigator and follow directions to Borntorpet 1 in Skinnskatteberg, Sweden.